The Sultan and the Saint
“The best way we have found to build bridges between diverse religious communities is through interfaith cooperation: working together across lines of faith to serve the common good.”
-Eboo Patel, Going Public with Faith , Founder of Interfaith Youth Core in Chicago
So what can we do?
The Sultan and the Saint program seeks to bring Muslims and Christians together in dialogue. By fostering active listening and respectful sharing, it aims to cultivate mutual understanding and appreciation of what these faith traditions hold in common, as well as the ways in which they differ. By nurturing relationships across religious boundaries, we hope that together participants will model interfaith cooperation as they live out a central tenet of both faiths: to love God and to love our neighbor.
The program addresses the following themes:
- exploring the commonalties and differences between the two faiths
- considering praying together as one community
- understanding the historical and present relationships between Christians and Muslims
- learning about the social justice traditions in Christianity and Islam
This JustFaith Ministries program was written in collaboration and consultation with Christian and Muslim scholars and with contributions from experts in interreligious dialogue.
Groups are co-facilitated by one or two participants.
The Sultan and the Saint consists of eight 2 ½-hour sessions. All sessions include prayer, dialogue, active listening, and relationship-building. Some sessions may include videos and/or a guest speaker.
JustFaith Ministries recommends that a group be approximately eight to fifteen people.
Participants deepen their understanding through in-depth reading and viewing videos and online materials. The most essential resource is the community formed through the process.
During the process participants will also visit Christian and Muslim places of worship and will work towards engaging in a culminating activity together.
Affordable Pricing for Groups
Churches, Parishes, Organizations
- Comprehensive materials for each session
- Facilitation scripts and guidance
- Immersion guidance
- Direct access to program staff for support
- Additional resources – Group materials $64 plus $15 per participant
All other materials are web-based
- If you are using materials before July 1st, register for 2017-18, otherwise 2018-19.
|The Sultan and the Saint 2017-18
|The Sultan and the Saint 2018-19