A Faith Journey
“Migrants and refugees are not pawns on the chessboard of humanity. They are children, women, and men who leave or are forced to leave their homes for various reasons, who share a legitimate desire for knowing and having, but above all for being more.” ~Pope Francis ~
We are living in a world in which
- At least, 21 million people are enslaved;
- An estimated 11 million undocumented migrants reside in the United States;
- Every minute, 24 people are forcibly displaced worldwide;
- The United Nations reported 244 million international migrants, the highest number ever recorded for people on the move.
So how do we respond as Christians?
JustFaith Ministries’ 8-week program, Exploring Migration: A Faith Journey, invites participants to formulate a personal response to the 21st-century reality of migration inspired by their Christian beliefs. It explores some of the central questions related to the reality of migration on a global level and in the U.S. context. The sessions provide historical, biblical, and theological perspectives and suggest ways participants can take action in their own context.
This program was developed in partnership with Maryknoll.
Video is from the UN Migration Agency and was published in December 2016.
Groups are co-facilitated by one or two participants.
Exploring Migration consists of eight 2 ½-hour sessions. All sessions include prayer, dialogue, active listening, and relationship-building. Some sessions may include videos and/or a guest speaker.
JustFaith Ministries recommends that a group be approximately eight to fifteen people.
Participants deepen their understanding through in-depth reading and viewing videos and online materials. The most essential resource is the community formed through the process. Click here for the book list.
To broaden perspectives, Exploring Migration includes an immersion. Participants visit local organizations to learn from those involved with the issue.
Affordable Pricing for Groups
2019-20 program materials available July 1st.
Churches, Parishes, Organizations
- Comprehensive materials for each session
- Facilitation scripts and guidance
- Immersion guidance
- Direct access to program staff for support
- Additional resources – Group resources $30, and $28 per participant
All other materials are web-based
|Exploring Migration 2019-20